Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 2

Two weeks into the course and so far I am understanding the topics we are learning. Hopefully I am able to keep up with the course and master the different concepts taught in class.

Relation to Other Courses

While reviewing over the week two lecture notes I came across implication and negation. These two topics looked familiar due to the fact that they were also covered in my MAT137 lecture and it helped me understand the concept. Another topic we briefly went over in MAT137 is vacuous truth. We are going to cover vacuous truth in CSC165 during Friday's lecture and knowing a little about it already will hopefully help me.

Tutorial

My tutorial Tuesday morning went fairly well. Coming into the tutorial, I was not sure if I completed the exercise correctly. However, my TA Jason went over the exercise very well and that helped me understand my mistakes. For question 2, there were some cases where I didn't use the minimum number of "X" or "O" combinations and there were cases where I didn't put one important "X" or "O". The main thing I took out of that lecture was the reference Jason used to describe how question two was supposed to be completed. He helped me clarify how to verify and falsify universal and existential claims. This was also explained on page five of the week two lectures. Thankfully, I understood the concept and hopefully completed the quiz correctly.

1 comment: