Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week 4

A week away from the test and I’m starting to get mixed thoughts. On one hand, I feel like I understand what we are learning and on the other hand I am very nervous about the content and my preparation for this test. However, this week was more focused on the assignment and the lecture content.

Lectures

In the lectures so far we learned about transitivity and mixing quantifiers which I understand. After that we moved onto an introduction to proofs which was fairly similar to how we started off learning epsilon-delta definitions in MAT137 too. This is why I understood what Prof. Heap was talking about and I really liked his choice of using graphs to help people understand what he meant. However, on Friday we are going to look at examples of proofs and how to actually solve one so it will be interesting to see how comfortable I am with that.

Assignment

I enjoy the freedom to be able to pick my group members for the assignments because I feel that gives me the opportunity to pick students I know and work well with to maximize productivity and results hopefully. My group and I did not encounter any major difficulties in completing this assignment and we also went over each answer multiple times to ensure we did not miss anything. Hopefully we do well on this assignment and hopefully this assignment also helped prepare us for the upcoming test.

No comments:

Post a Comment