Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 8

Lecture

In the lectures so far for this week, we mainly covered sorting algorithms and counting steps. We also went over the Big Oh for (n^2). Using insertion sort we proved the worst case upper bound by overestimating. At first I was very confused by what we were doing but as we kept going, I started understanding everything and also being able to predict what the next step would be. On Friday, we are going to prove the worst case lower bound and I assume we're going to do this by underestimating. I am hoping to be able to understand what we do and also be able to complete parts of it myself without first seeing how professor Heap does it. It's crucial that I'm on top of all the work because of our test next week which hopefully won't be too difficult or too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment